Lash Lift Treatment: Everything You Need to Know
Every other woman seems to be getting a lash lift, but does that mean that you should get one too? Lash lifts offer the best of both falsies and lash extensions, without the damage and the upkeep.
Now give your eyelashes the curl and the definition without the use of an eyelash curler. Lash lifts can enhance your look and quite literally open up your eyes. As the process curls the lashes from the very base, the entire length of your lashes can be seen.
You do not have to apply two coats of mascara to get the dark long lashes anymore. Skip the heavy coating and 3 minutes of rubbing your eyes with a makeup remover to remove the stubborn waterproof mascara.
Yes, sure you can also opt for falsies or extensions, but falsies take too much time. You have to cut them in the right size, apply glue, and then stick them on. Also when you are wearing falsies you cannot rub your eyes no matter how much it itches. Lash extensions have been known to cause damages to natural lashes and are very costly. We will talk more about lash extensions, later on, so keep reading.
What is the process like?
The process does not take too long. It will nearly take you about 45 minutes to an hour to get a lash lift.
A licensed professional will use a curling rod to curl your lashes. Do not be afraid yet, the curling rod will be used when your eyes are closed and the professional will use a curling rod that is appropriate for your eyes’ shape and according to the style of lashes you want.
First, he will clean your eye, curl your lashes, and glue them to the rod and then add a lifting solution. The lifting solution will then change the texture of the lashes and cause them to mold to the shape of the rod. Lastly, a setting solution will be used to set the shape. Bear in mind that this is a semi-permanent solution.
How long does a lash lift last?
Lash lifts last for up to four to six weeks, but it varies depending on the growth rate of your lashes. If you have quick hair growth then it is not likely to last for a very long time. You will have to go back to the beauty salon for a touch up after a few weeks.
Lash lifts or lash extensions
Confused between lash lifts and lash extensions? Let us help you clear your doubts.
- Gives a natural look. Lashes are defined and curled.
- Cost around $150.
- Low maintenance.
- You can wear mascara after 48 hours.
- Retouch required every 6-8 weeks.
- There is no restriction to using oil-based products.
- Adds more drama to your eyes. Gives off a very glammed-up look.
- Adds length and volume.
- Very costly. The entire treatment costs $200 and can be more depending on the kind of lashes you are going for.
- High maintenance.
- Retouch required every 2-3 weeks.
- You can never apply mascara.
- You have to avoid using oil-based products.
Do’s and don’ts after lash lifts
Lash lifts do not require you to follow strict rules to keep your lashes in shape like lash extensions do but there are still a few things that you have to follow if you want the best results after the treatment.
- Do not touch your lashes for a whole day. Avoid eye makeup and even washing your eyes. You cannot splash your eyes with water.
- Avoid applying mascara for two days. Let the setting spray do its work for 2 days.
- Although there is not much risk or damage involved in getting a lash lift, experts recommend you to use a lash oil to keep your lashes moisturized and well-nourished after the chemical treatment.
If you are allergic then do not forget to get a patch test done 48 hours before the actual treatment.
How much does it cost?
Although it is cheaper than lash extensions, it will still require you to spend some money to get a lash lift treatment. The lash lift treatment costs around $70 – $175. Different salons charge differently, so do proper research before you head to a salon for a lash lift.